The School of Planning, Design and Construction is committed to preparing students to be globally aware through international academic and professional experience. Our goal is for as many students as possible to benefit from international experience and to graduate with knowledge of the three major world regions, North America, Europe and Asia. To that end we offer a range of study abroad options. Study abroad in the School is immersive and experiential, with emphasis on visiting authentic cities and regions. The School’s commitment to global awareness also extends to the design of cost-effective programs and to finding resources that allows greater student participation.
Among the many study abroad programs at MSU, the following are designed to integrate SPDC’s academic programs into global experience:
- Planning and Design Practices in Singapore and South Korea. Interior Design (Summer 2017)
- European Planning and Practice: Iceland, Portugal and Germany. Urban & Regional Planning (Summer 2017)
- Interior Design in Europe: Romania, Netherlands and France. Interior Design (2017)
- Landscape Architecture: Western Europe (annual, Spring semester)
- Cultural Heritage and Social Transformations in Cuba (annual, summer)