Construction Management Undergraduate Summer Internship Program – Deadline for Applications is May 2, 2016
The Construction Management Program encourages students to gain work experience within the construction industry. These work experiences will not only broaden the student’s resume but give the student the opportunity to apply the skills he or she has learned in the classroom. Although an internship is not required for completion of the B.S. Degree in Construction Management, some students may wish to gain MSU elective credit for their work experience, in the form of an internship. Students that have been admitted to upper division in the Construction Management Program may apply to be approved for internship credit. Once approved by the CM Program, the student may enroll for CMP 493, Professional Internship in Construction Management, for 3 credits. Enrollment in CMP 493 is limited.
Students enrolled in the summer internship program will be required to work full-time, submit weekly log reports, submit a summary of their work experience, have an on-site review with their supervisor, etc. Each student will be assigned to a faculty member that will oversee their internship experience.
- 2016 CM Undergraduate Summer Internship Program Guidelines and Application Forms
- CMP 435 Residential Capstone Checklist
- CMP 436 Commercial Capstone Checklist
- CMP 436 Subcontractor, Trade Contractor or Material Supplier Capstone Checklist
- CMP 436 Commercial Capstone Checklist for MSU Infrastructure Planning and Facilities
Note: The first PDF above is an Acrobat form and must be opened with the Abobe Acrobat Reader (www.adobe.com/products/reader.html). If a “Please wait…” page pops up when you clicked the PDF link, then go back to the previous page and simply right-click on the link from your browser and select save. Then, you can open up the fillable-form file using your Adobe Acrobat Reader software.
Other Jobs and Internship Opportunities
Be sure to check out Handshake for a complete list of all job opportunities.
- Building Maintenance - MSU Residential Hospitality Services
- Building Restoration Intern - RAM Construction Services
- Construction Internship Coordinator - Next Step Ministries
- Field Engineer Intern - The Boldt Company
- Agriculture Extension Specialist - Department of Landscape Architecture, University of Kentucky
- Draftsperson - Bay Landscaping
- Landscape Architecture Intern - Tip of the Mitt Watershed Council
- Landscape Architecture Summer Internship - OLIN
- Landscape Designer/Landscape Architect - Whitham Planning & Design
- Landscape Foreman - Bay Landscaping
- Landscape Internship - Fallingwater
- Landscape Laborer - Bay Landscaping
Urban and Regional Planning
- Dissertation Completion Fellowships 2016-17 - College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- ESPP Doctoral Recruiting Fellowships